SERVING WEST VIRGINIA IN PERSONAL INJURY AND HIGH CONFLICT DIVORCE
CAR, TRUCK, & MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS
There were 29,989 fatal motor vehicle crashes in the United States in 2014 in which 32,675 deaths occurred. West Virginia is among the more high-risk states to drive in, having 1.42 deaths per 100 million vehicle miles traveled.
Many accidents could have been prevented if drivers followed posted speed limits and complied with laws against distracted driving or driving under the influence. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car, truck, or motorcycle accident, consult with an experienced West Virginia attorney about whether you may have a valid claim for recovery.
West Virginia: A "Fault" Insurance State
West Virginia follows a “fault” system when it comes to liability and financial responsibility for damages after a car accident. Anyone injured in a car accident (whether a driver, a passenger in a vehicle, or a pedestrian) usually has several options, including:
- Filing a claim with his or her own insurance company (whether a standard health insurance policy or a car insurance policy)
- Pursuing a third party car insurance claim with the carrier of anyone else who may be legally liable for the crash
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit seeking compensation from whoever was at fault for the accident
Types of Damages
There are several types of damages plaintiffs may claim, including:
- Medical bills. Any charges incurred while seeking or receiving medical treatment of your injuries.
- Lost wages. Any wages lost from work because of the accident or during treatment after the accident.
- Pain and suffering. Emotional distress caused by the accident and the physical injuries suffered.
- Loss of consortium. Claimed by a loved one of the victim when the victim has lost his or her ability to be in a relationship due to injuries from the accident.
- Wrongful death. A case brought on by family members of a victim who died as a result of the accident.
- Punitive damages. Financial charges meant to “punish” the defendant in cases where their actions are found to be particularly reckless or dangerous.
All too often we, our loved ones, or our friends, are driving down a road or highway complying with the law when a negligent driver causes an automobile, truck, or motorcycle accident. These accidents can range from fender benders to death. These cases require experienced and competent counsel to represent the victims of negligent drivers, whether it be simply not paying attention or all the way to a drunk driver causing injury or death.
GET LEGAL HELP AFTER A CAR, TRUCK, OR MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT
CAR, TRUCK, AND MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY IN CHARLESTON, WV
When you call Webb Law Centre, PLLC, attorney Rusty Webb meets with you personally, and he will meet with the representative of someone who has died at their home, he will meet with a victim in a hospital, he will travel anywhere where a victim needs to be helped. Once you meet with Mr. Webb you will come away with the confidence that he will put his 25 years of experience into recovering the maximum amount resulting from the injuries sustained in the automobile accident. Contact Webb Law Centre today for a no-risk consultation.